Sherman's Ice Cream- South Haven, Michigan

Vacation time is ice cream time for me.  We do not indulge in this sweet treat at home, so I like to stop and get a scoop of a local favorite when we are on vacation.  While visiting South Haven, Michigan, during our road trip around Lake Michigan, we stopped at an ice cream house that has been serving ice cream for 65 years.  Sherman's is a family-run ice creamery. The family has been in the dairy business since 1916 but started selling ice cream when Port Sherman, one of the family's sons, got started.  Port wanted to make one of the best ice creams around, loaded with natural flavors and designed unique flavors.  Sherman's Ice Cream is still doing that today.


I noticed that they had a special blueberry sundae available on the menu.  It was vanilla ice cream with a fresh blueberry sauce.  Anything with a fresh blueberry sauce is a winner in my book.  I placed my order, and they asked if a wanted a small or a regular.  I ordered the small, trying to be good while still indulging.  Our order was quickly passed out through the service window, and to the amazement of my eyes, the sundae served in an ice cream boat had 5 scoops of ice cream on it.


The ice cream lived up to the family tradition, full of flavor with just the right mouth feel.  It was creamy and smooth without having the extra weight of frozen custard.  The blueberry sauce was just as good as it sounded to set out to enjoy the sundae.  Each bite tasted great and encouraged you to have just one more, making sure to get each bite covered with that fresh blueberry sauce.  To my utter amazement, a short time late, I was actually looking at an empty ice cream boat.  I ate the whole sundae.


Location: 1601 Phoenix Street, South Haven, MI
Hours: Sunday- Thursday 12 pm - 8 pm/Friday & Saturday 12 pm - 9 pm
Web Site
Flavor: ✯✯✯✯✯
Creaminess:✯✯✯✯✯
Portion Size: Huge
Seating: Outdoor
Superman Ice Cream Available: Yes
Yelp Rating: 4.5 Stars with 271 reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Park Sites - Arkansas

Visiting Bethesda Maryland

California Cheese Trail